A one-day workshop taking you through one of the classic gemstone combinations – diamonds and pearls.
The majority of the day will look at diamonds, including
- their natural formation
- the history of cutting & polishing
- diamond grading
- imitation stones
- synthetic (laboratory grown) diamonds
- identifying diamonds & their imitations
During the remainder of the day we will look at the interesting world of pearls.
You will also have the opportunity to see a selection of diamonds & pearls, demonstrating examples of some of the subjects we will discuss.
- a gem lover
- a jeweller who wants to know a bit more about the stones you are using in your work
- an antique dealer who would like to understand more about the stones you are seeing
The day is suitable for everyone with an interest in gemstones & will be a mixture of theory & practical work.